We recently build an HTML5 mobile app for website client, will deploy to apple store and android play store, here is some tips for develop mobile app with Sencha Touch 2 and PhoneGap 1.4.1.
- Sencha Touch2 is good framework to build HTML5 mobile app.
- PhoneGap is good to deploy app to ios and android, even windows phone, symbian, blackberry, webos and bada.
- Do not trust android simulator, sometimes the App works fine in ios simulator and iPhone, but doesn't work in Android phone.
- Android browser do not support JSON.parse() call that had a null parameter.
- Android 2.x doesn't support SVG, that means you can not use Google
Charts API in android app, even it running good in ios. but Google
Charts Image works.
- Sencha Touch beta 2 build doesn't work for me on mac os x 10.7.3.
- You will need different device to test deploy to different platform.