I have a quick evaluation for how to build a real-time pub/sub messaging system like PubNub
, there are several packages available:
- RabbitMQ: Robust messaging for applications written in Erlang.
- ZeroMQ: The Intelligent Transport Layer powered by C++.
- Drb: dRuby is a distributed object system for Ruby. It is written in pure Ruby and uses its own protocol. No add-in services are needed beyond those provided by the Ruby runtime, such as TCP sockets.
- FAYE: Faye is a publish-subscribe messaging system based on the Bayeux protocol. It provides message servers for Node.js and Ruby, and clients for use on the server and in all major web browsers.
- ActiveMQ: is the most popular and powerful open source messaging and Integration Patterns server written in Java.
标签： Messaging, PUB/SUB